Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Piper's Rolls

When Scott and I were in our married BYU ward we became friends with Piper and Ryan. That is where I heard and fell in love with the name and named my daughter after her. Anyway Piper came over one day and brought us the best rolls I'd ever tasted in my life. I of course had to get the recipe. The real secret weapon to these rolls is a Bosch mixer. You could maybe half the batch and try it in a kitchen aid or do it old school by hand like the pioneers. No thank you!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup hot water
1 can evaporated milk (12 oz.)
6 tbsp yeast
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
6 beaten eggs
1 1/8 c sugar (or 1 cup and 2 tbsp, that took me awhile to figure out!)
6 cups flour
1 1/2 cups melted butter
3 tsp salt
6 cups flour

1. Add and mix the first four ingredients (let sit for 5 minutes)
2. Add eggs and sugar (mix well)
3. Add 6 cups of flour (quick stir until wet)
4. Add 1 1/2 cups melted butter and salt (mix well)
5. Add 6 cups flour (quick stir until wet)
6. Mix on high for 10 minutes
7. Raise for 30 minutes
8. Roll/tie into knots
9. Raise for 1 hour
10. Bake at 350 about 15 minutes
11. Lightly butter after they are out of the oven
12. Eat Your Heart Out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My rolls NEVER look that good. EVER! i think youre just really good with breads. I think Ill just pay you to make my rolls from now on :)