I will say that in order to get 3 dozen from this recipe you need to use only teaspoons of dough. I made mine more tablespoon sized and got 20 puffs. So you can make them any size you want. Oh, and mine were done in 17 minutes, not 20.
Also these do have a little cavity in the middle leaving enough space for filling. Im thinking how lovely a little cream cheese and ham would fit nicely inside...NEXT TIME!
These tender little savory puffs are a tasty addition to your party menu. They are quick and easy to make and can be served hot or cold.
- In a saucepan bring water, butter, salt and cayenne pepper to a boil.
- Add flour all at once, stirring until a ball forms, remove from heat.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in cheese and dijon mustard.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on parchment lined baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 425º for 20 minutes or until golden in color.
- Yield: 3 dozen