Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Friend of a Friend's Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup


This is hands down my favorite soup recipe, not just chicken noodle soup recipe, soup recipe. It is so good. It is not figure friendly in the least but it's totally worth it. I have had to give this recipe out so many times I thought HELLO, post it to the food blog. Because seriously this is the best chicken noodle soup you will ever eat.


Cook 2 lbs chicken with 4 bouillon cubes (I don’t like boiled chicken, I bake my chicken and add it later. I add enough water to cover all of the vegetables by a good inch, I add 4 bouillon cubes to my vegetable water).
1 onion diced
5-6 cups potatoes
3-4 cups carrots
1 cup celery
1 T. Sage
1 tsp. celery salt
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. season salt
Cook the above ingredients until barely tender
Add:
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup evaporate milk (I just add a whole can, why not?)
1 16 oz. size sour cream
Stir up and then add the homemade noodles. Cook the noodles until they are done and enjoy!
Noodle recipe:
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1/2 egg shell filled with water twice
1 1/2 cup-2 cups of flour-just until dough is stiff
Roll out on a floured surface. Cut with a pizza cutter, let dry for at least 2 hours.

This soup makes a huge pot. Just so you know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mitzi! It was so delicious, I had to have the recipe!
JM