Saturday, October 1, 2011
Buffalo Chicken Soup
Oh MY! Scoot over corn chowder, this soup is Uh-MAAA-Zing! Plus you can whip it up in like 30 minutes. BIG HIT with the whole family!!!!
Buffalo Chicken SOUP
2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced **** I shredded one savory rotisserie chicken!
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
3 celery stalks, diced
1 onion, diced
4 carrots, diced
4 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese (or mozzarella)
1 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
1/3 cup flour
2 tablespoons of Italian parsley, chopped finely
1. Cook chicken as you like. I did a quick marinade of salt, pepper, lemon zest, and the juice of one lemon, 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary and thyme. Baked it for 25 minutes. - Again, I used a rotisserie
2. Saute mirepoix (carrots, celery and onions) until tender.
3. Stir in broth, heavy cream and hot sauce.
4. In a bowl, toss all the cheeses together and flour. Mix well. Gradually add to soup.
5. Heat until thick and hot, serve with additional hot sauce and extra blue cheese. AND CRUSTY FRENCH BREAD