Saturday, February 20, 2010

On the Farm ColeSlaw



This is one of my favorite go-to recipes that I trifed from "The Farm" aka - my Mother in Law's kitchen! I was so impressed with how easy (and cheap!) this recipe was that I often bring it to pot lucks, family dinners, BBQs, and church functions. Trust me, you'll be making this over and over again once you try it. 


Shopping List:


2 16 oz bags of shredded cabbage mix 


Sauce:
1 cup of mayo (Or salad dressing or miracle whip, any variety. My favorite is best foods full fat mayo - Of course!)
1/3 cup sugar
3-5 T of vinegar (again, any variety will do!)


Mix well until sugar isn't grainy. This recipe is all about tasting until its right. If its too tangy add more sugar. If its too runny, add more mayo. If its too sweet, add more vinegar. 


Once you get the sauce right, evenly coat shredded cabbage. You can toss it in a bowl, shake it in a baggie, shake it in a bowl with a lid - however you want. 


And then - the finishing touch....
Stir in 1 1/2- 2 cups of salted peanuts. The amount is up to you, depends on how crunchy you like it. 


WANT TO  MAKE THIS CHRISTY STYLE? ADD IN 3-4 SLICES OF CRUNCHY CRUMBLED BACON and 1 OR 2 SLICED LITTLE GREEN ONIONS!


Voila! You are ready to go for a ride on the 4 wheelers and take a hike up to the swinging tree!

No comments: