3 Fish filets (I recommend tilapia, but Halibut is probably great if you are a high roller!)
Small corn tortillas - 2-3 per person
Bag of shredded cabbage
Oil for frying
1 - 1 1/2 cups of Beer I used Budweiser because I couldnt tell you a thing about beer, and I couldnt bring myself to go buy it, so my bff Amy did the dirty work for me! Thats the sign of a true friend - willing to embrace the appearance of evil for you!
1 cup of flour
3T corn starch
Salt and pepper to taste - be generous
1 T minced capers
1 minced jalepeno
1/2 - 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (go easy if you dont want heartburn!)
4 oz plain yoghurt
4 oz mayo
- Get out yer deep fryer, fill with oil, and start heating it up!
- Whip together the white sauce ingredients and set aside. Dont skip the capers or jalepeno - it seems minimal but the sauce was DIVINE and wouldnt be great without them.
- Next, cut your fish into strips. Gently coat in some flour.
- Whip up the beer batter ( mix together dry ingredients, then add wet)
- Dredge floured fish strips in batter until well coated.
- Drop in deep fryer or skillet. Fry until golden brown.
- Place fish in corn tortilla, top with shredded cabbage, and DROWN it in white sauce!
- Enjoy your drunken sailors!