Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Perfect Southwest Casserole




I had a roommate in College from New Mexico. Her name was Ana Min and even though she was tall, leggy, blonde, and could whip up divine meals - we got along top notch. So to show my love for her I stole this recipe and passed it off as my own. I know you will love it as much as I do:


Preheat oven to 350'
Set aside
3 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
Small bag of white or yellow corn tortillas torn into pieces (about 4 each)
1-2 lbs Shredded Cheese


In saucepan melt:
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1 small container sour cream
1 large can diced green chiles


In 9x13 pan layer like a lasagna. Start by spooning sauce to cover bottom of pan. Next cover sauce with torn tortillas. Toss on some shredded chicken over tortillas. Drop spoonfuls of sauce over chicken (cover well). Top with shredded cheese. Then layer with more tortillas, chicken, sauce and cheese. Repeat layers until your pan is full. Top with cheese, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes. Let sit 20 minutes, then serve! 

3 comments:

jayna said...

Ok Chris, I have officially been out done! This blog header made me pee my pants! I LOVE IT! Great blog idea, although I will be a recipe moocher more than a sharer.

emily said...

Hey Christy! Jayna sent us over here for a good time. I'm impressed. I had to let you know that Ana Min's my cousin (well, my husband's cousin, but among Noltes, that's all the same)--she is amazing! I'm jealous that you got her for a roommate; all I get is week-long family reunions. Did you know that after four kids she can still do handstands?

Sol said...

neat! I love the title of the 'loaded heart attack' fries. they sound delicious!