- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large handful fresh basil leaves
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 small handful freshly grated parmesan
- 1 heaping tablespoon tahini
- A splash of lemon juice
- A splash of olive oil
- A few pinches of sea salt
- Olive oil (to garnish the top)
- A pinch or two of each or any: oregano, thyme, basil, red pepper flakes, salt
I blended everything together with my hand blender (food processor works great too, if you have one). Just add as mucholive oil as necessary for it to become smooth and the consistency you prefer .
Scoop into dish and top with a little swirl of olive oil. Eat immediately with pita chips or vegis, or use as a spread in wraps!
(recipe and photo courtesy of www.theendlessmeal.com)