Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lloyd's Famous Rolls


One of my Laurels Lexi LLoyd used to leave me these rolls in my mailbox whenever her mom made them. thats how much I loved them. I tried to make them at Thanksgiving and they tasted good, but didnt look like they should have. Breads in general hate me. Oh well. Make these. And leave some in my mailbox if you love me.


Andrea Lloyd's rolls (also her cinnamon roll recipe)
Microwave for 3 1/2 mins:
1 cup milk
1/2 cube butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
Add to the above with a fork:
1 cup water with a little ice
2 Tbsp yeast
1 whipped egg
Add 4 cups of flour and mix it all up in the trusty old kitchen aide.  Cover and let rise about 1 hour (until it doubles).  Punch it down and let rise again.  Punch again.  Then she takes a handful and pinches the dough off (hehe) into little balls.  Place them onto a cookie sheet or 9x13 and bake at 365 for 13-20 mins.  (quite broad - I guess just watch them)
I always keep a bag of the always delicious Rhodes rolls on hand just in case these don't turn out.  :)

No comments: