Monday, July 19, 2010

Pioneer Woman Salsa


I never thought I liked salsa. And then I met the Pioneer Woman and she taught me how to make this delicious quick & easy addicting recipe. The secret is of course: NO CHUNKS. (Who knew that chunky texture was the culprit behind my disdain ??) 

So get out the blender my friends! And on with the recipe:


You will need:
1 can of whole tomatoes
2 cans of Rotel (one original one mild - but honestly Ive been using the store brand knock offs and they work wonderfully. All it is is diced tomatoes and green chilis)
1 med onion chopped
Juice of 1 small lime
1 clove of garlic chopped
1 bunch of cilantro
1 jalepeno pepper chopped (I omit the seeds and sometimes only put in 1/2 a pepper. Because Im a wimp and I dont enjoy my tongue being torched!)
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt

You take all these ingredients and throw them in the blender or food processor. Puree. Voila! 

* Photos courtesy of The Pioneer Woman herself! Thanks Ree!

No comments: